Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you reckon this is a record?
I collect the quail eggs from my two quail every evening when I close up the girls.

day before yesterday there were 5 eggs! :w00t: 3 from the quail on the top deck and 2 from the quail on the lower deck of the hutch.  I was gobsmacked and thought maybe I had forgotten to collect them or not looked properly the night before.

Yesterday unsurprisingly one egg only from the top floor.

Then this evening there were 3 more eggs   Big Grin 2 on the lower deck and 1 upstairs.

So that's 9 eggs in 3 days from 2 quail!  

Don't know what has made them go into overdrive but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  *cheer*

This has happened to me - I have collected eggs from the quail and then later in the day OH will come with more and blamed me for not collecting the eggs !!!!!!!!              It doesn't happen every day though

COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Quote:This has happened to me - I have collected eggs from the quail and then later in the day OH will come with more and blamed me for not collecting the eggs !!!!!!!!              It doesn't happen every day though

Odd isn't it, had me thinking I was going crazy... hasn't happened since though 
You lot keep tempting me to get/hatch some quail!

OH might not be too happy though...

...mind you it is often better to beg forgiveness than ask permission Wink

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Quote:You lot keep tempting me to get/hatch some quail!

OH might not be too happy though...

...mind you it is often better to beg forgiveness than ask permission Wink
they don't take up much room the eggs are in my opinion nicer than hens eggs, (no metalic taste to the whites)