Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
red wine
I have 3/4 bottle red wine to use.

Any ideas..apart from the obvious,im not really a red wine drinker,although i suppose i could sample a small glass just to make sure its ok. laugh

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Red wine in a beef dish is usually good  Confusedmile:

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Can't beat a good stew & dumplings done in the slow cooker,

Put the beef into a plastic bag with some salt and pepper and give it a good shake up to lightly coat it the brow in a smoking hot pan (you want to brown the outside not cook it) then chuck it in the slow cooker withe the remaining flour and deglaze the other pan with the red wine. Add a few herbs of choice, and some good chunky veg and cook for as long as you can adding some dumpling for the last bit... Serve with mashed tatties and I'll be round about 8:30 Big Grin
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
I do like a glass of red,but dont like wine in cooking,so cant be of much use really.

There must be some yummy desert dishes with red berries(many around the hedgegrows at the mo) that could use some wine in it....maybe have a looksee.

I like cooking with wine -

- sometimes I even put some in the food!

How about pears poached in red wine?
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Think it will be a stew job.

Wardfluke,have you tried using rose wine instead of red in cooking,results in a much lighter dish.

I opened this bottle to use in a sausage pie dish i made so i may make that again next week and then finish off the bottle in a stew.

The sausage pie was very yummy,i will put that in the recipes section.

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
K9 i dont like any alcohol in food.I am a funny one,i like a drink of wine but the smell of it in food turns my stomach.I have a feeling i was sick after eating a meal with a white wine sauce when i was younger and since then i just cant eat it.

The stew does sound very yummy though,as too does the sausage pie dish,i shall have a look at the recipe when you put it up (ill make mine minus the wine!)

Venison stew in red wine or make an extra special Spag Bol.

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Sausage pie recipe done.Slight blip as it doesnt have any wine in it..senior moment laugh

It was a lamb dish i did that had the wine in :wacko: