Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millionaires Brownies
Here is the recipe - I substituted the plain flour for gluten-free plain flour (and likewise with the baking powder) and it seemed to go down rather well.  I also swapped the vanilla pod seeds for 1 tsp of vanilla essence and I didn't add in the almond butter, and it seemed fine with these alterations!

INGREDIENTS

• 200g dark 70% cocoa chocolate

• 4 eggs

• 200g caster sugar

• 150g light brown sugar

• 250g butter, melted

• Seeds from 1 vanilla pod

• 120g plain flour

• 25g cocoa

• ½ tsp baking powder

• Pinch of salt

• 125g almond butter

<p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;color:rgb(51,51,51);">
For the caramel

• 200g butter

• 379g can condensed milk

• 4 tbsp golden syrup

• 1 tsp sea salt crystals

<p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;color:rgb(51,51,51);">
For the topping

• 200g chocolate

Method

<div style="margin:0px;font-style:inherit;font-size:1.4em;">
  1. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. First, make the brownies. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water.

2. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla seeds together for 5 minutes.

3. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Sieve in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, then fold until just combined.

4. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Finally stir in the melted chocolate and almond butter.

5. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Spoon into a greased and lined 23x32cm baking tin and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.

6. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Meanwhile, make the caramel. Put all the ingredients in a pan and boil vigorously for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool a little.

7. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Pour the caramel over the brownies, allow to cool then chill in the fridge.

8. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Melt the chocolate for the topping in a bowl as before. Pour over the caramel and leave it to set.

9. <p style="font-style:inherit;font-size:1em;">Once hard, cut the brownies into squares and serve.

</div>