Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange diet?
Sorry, it's me again. On sending the chooks 'home' I noticed, not for the first time, that one was missing.  I can fully understand how the 'mssing pekin' felt - although my lone wanderer always returned - eventually. Didn't stop me panicking the first couple of times, but I still don't know where she disappears to. Anyway, I decided to try and hunt for her today but it wasn't the same one that was missing. I found her under a conifer refusing to budge whilst she was trying to peck into a toad?!  Confusedcared: She wasn't making much headway and the toad looked long dead. Eventually I managed to tempt her away with some meal worms and disposed of the toad. Have other chucklers seen this?

yes..mine love frog or toad,mice are eaten with relish too..yuck!!

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Yes, mine go nuts for dead things of all descriptions!  And they are obsessed with it if they find it.  One of mine ate a dead baby bird when I first got chickens, I was nearly hysterical as I thought it was alive at the beginning.  They are not the relatives of dinosaurs for nothing!!
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.